Tuesday 26 June 2012

Oh the places you'll go...

For this assignment, we have been asked to capture photographs during our Summer holidays. We must do this whilst portraying our own creative style. Whilst doing this, we would concentrate on the places we're going, and how we would photograph them. This could be a music festival or a different country you're visiting or place. These images will be sent to a Travel Competition!

During my Summer, I played many gigs at different venues including Stafford and Stone's music festival. I also attended a folk festival in Sidmouth and visited the beautiful Ireland which I also had the opportunity to perform in.
I took many photographs, continuing to practice my technical skills including Shutterspeeds and Apertures and attempting to capture the essence of the places.

For example, at the beginning of the Summer, I went to Yarlet to visit my Father's old boarding School. My aim was to document him looking around nostalgically and capture what may have changed since he had been there as a child. I captured him looking around and was really interested by the light coming through the windows and lamps. I found it some what eery and spooky walking around empty rooms. Also being interested in the old piano and wooden floors, I continued taking photographs and thought a black and white theme would work with the documentary feel. The reason of this event was to have a Cricket Match in memory of David Carr who retired as Headmaster in Summer 1989 and passed away in Autumn 2011.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment