Tuesday 26 June 2012

Ideas on what I would like to go into after this course.

The area of Photography which I could imagine myself going into would be Documentary and Music. I enjoy capturing what is around me and the natural emotions and locations. I especially enjoy black and white and finding a balance between lights and darks. Playing with the light available, too, is something that I prefer.

Michelle Waters was a photographer that stood out to me the most. - http://mwaters.4ormat.com/

I enjoy looking at her soft, feminine photographs and the way she captures what's around her. The places she walks in and the areas she's grown up in and documenting that whilst using great wide apertures creating shallow depth of field. I also really like the square crops that is quite consistent in her photography.

Her "Time for tea" commision work, I found, was lovely. The delicate, pink colours made the photos warm and attractive. She used an array of different vantage points and compositions to create some very strong images.




I especially enjoy the style which she has developed as she creates very soft and appealing photographs. The way she composes her images really stand out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment