Tuesday 26 June 2012

Ian Gotham


Ian Gotham is a photographer that really inspired me. His main concentration of working with low light is an idea that stands out to me and also something I enjoy, too. The dream-like, eerie style he's developed is something which I would like to portray in my images. I especially enjoy the square-crop he has used as it focuses you in on the house as the main subject. The rest of the area is under exposed and with a shallow depth of field adding to the soft-ness.


His use of framing and a wide aperture in this image leads you completely towards the main subject - The drummer. Ian Gotham has used the rule of thirds to focus two thirds into the photograph which is right in the middle. The viewer's eye is lead around the photograph with the lines and tones of the instrument and I find the black and white works really well in order to portray all the reflections, highlights and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment