Tuesday 26 June 2012

Cerian Chandler


Cerian Chandler was another Photographer I researched. The first series of photographs I had looked at were of Coed (Trees.) I especially enjoy taking photographs of trees, and one of my favourite places I go to is the woods. This makes me think of ideas to do of our new assignment "Oh the places you'll go..."
I really like this image of the reflections because it captures quite an eerie feel. I, for some reason, have this idea that inside reflections are some sort of parallel universe; a much calmer, and simple place.


This photo really stands out to me because of it's vintage feel and use of various material's layered together. It's a montage perhaps created on Photoshop. I've always liked the idea of using other objects and texts to create an image and "making my mark" which is why I especially enjoyed our manipulation assignments.


This is a project of hers called "Living with Depression" which is something that really does stand out to me. Instead of allowing negative thoughts to make me feel bad about Photography, I will capture them. It'll inspire me. I especially enjoy her style of work and her shallow depth of field use.

No comments:

Post a Comment