Friday 14 September 2012

Swansea Metropolitan University

Swansea Metropolitan's University stands out to me because I feel it's a great location and a place I'd feel very comfortable in. The courses available are great, and I've been looking at courses which would link in to my Photography but widen my options. This includes Fine Art and Illustration courses.

I have found a Foundation in Art and Design and thought it would be suitable for me to gain some confidence in my work and develop more of a skill to communicate my ideas within art. They allow you to portray your individual voice. What stood out to me the most with this course is that you are able to experiment with a variety of materials and methods in order to find the area of study you would like to continue. These areas are Fine Art, Visual Communication, Fashion/Textiles, 3D studies and Lens-based Media (Which of course would link to my Photography.) You're also provided an introduction to Visual research and historical and contextual studies.

In stage two you also get to choose between "Animation /
Ceramics / Costume
/ Crafts
/ Fashion
/ Furniture
/ Graphics / Illustration /
Interior / Architecture /
Jewellery / 
Painting /
Photography /
Printmaking
/ Product Design / Sculpture / Stained Glass
/ Surface Pattern
Textiles
/ Theatre Design
/ Video" which is perfect! I definitely consider looking at this course because I haven't been definite on what I want to go into but I've always been interested in Art and creating things. 

I have been looking at attending Art classes at Newcastle Under Lyme  college that happen in the evenings and a friend of my mothers who is an artist is interested in giving me some tips. I was also looking at attending some workshops led by the lovely Jennifer Collier who is a contemporary artist; she gives people the opportunity to come in and develop their skills and attend classes such as paper shades, printed canvases and wired jewellery. 





No comments:

Post a Comment